We know there are a lot of choices when it comes to where you make a financial contribution,so on behalf of the entire team at Benedictine, we want to personally thank you for being so loyal. As we head into 2012, our most important mission continues to be providing you the very best in customer service and communication. We look forward to seeing you in the new year.
With many wishes for a joyous and prosperous 2012,
The Office of Advancement
The Father Adrian Education Fund (Annual Fund)
There are still four days left for your Annual Fund donation to count for the 2011 tax season. All online gifts received by midnight on December 31 will be counted for 2011. All gifts sent through the mail must be postmarked by December 31 in order to be counted for 2011. Please make a gift now by clickinghere.
Update on Benedictine’s Move to the Abbey:
We are introducing a new section to the monthly newsletter, which will provide you with construction and move updates. If you have any questions about the move and our progress, please contact the school at 804-342-1300.
Refurbishment of the 28 classrooms and exterior of the Abbey campus continues, and construction on the Lecture Hall is complete. As well, the foundation for the new Field Locker Room has been laid. Completion of this project is contingent on receiving restricted donations to the locker room project.Save-the-Dates:
12/28 and 12/29 The BCCC Continues
- Last night, Benedictine defeated St. Albans (52-61) to continue their quest to win the Benedictine Capital City Classic. Join us tonight and tomorrow night for more thrilling games.
- Memorial Gymnasium
- $10/game (for a complete schedule clickhere).
- Benedictine plays Bishop Ireton at 8:30 PM on 12/28.
- The Championship Game is at 6:00 PM on 12/29.
2/25 Alumni Association 2nd Annual Boxing Smoker
- Memorial Gymnasium
- 6:00 PM
- $100/ticket includes open bar and dinner (to purchase tickets, clickhere).
- For sponsorship information contactPete Gambardella'92.
- If you want to be on the planning committee contactPatrick Gallagher'00.
3/10 Benedictine/Saint Gertrude 5K Challenge
- BCP Parking Lot
- 9:00 AM
- For sponsorship information contactPatrese Pyle.
- The walk/run will begin and end in the BCP parking lot and will feature the historic Museum District and Windsor Farms Neighborhood.
- Check out ourfacebookpage for the most up-to-date information.
Michael McRoberts ’80 has accepted a position with Prudential Mortgage Capital running their Multifamily Lending Group. Prior to this, Michael spent almost 20 years with Freddie Mac. His son Charlie is at the University of Virginia; daughter, Meagan, is in high school; and daughter, Bridgette, is in 8th grade.
Patrick Caine ’82 was recently promoted to Chief Information Officer at Virginia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance. He and his wife, Jane, have been married for 22 years. Their sons, Adam and Kevin, attend Radford University. Pat spends a lot of his free time playing in a local band,Raizen Caine, playing tennis, and spending time around the water at Lake Gaston. He is looking forward to the Class of 1982’s 30th reunion next October.
Rusty Spencer '83 started an insurance company in July 2011 called EOL Solutions, LLC. This company specializes in Preneed and Final Expense solutions for Advance Planning.
Richard Brammer '02 married Megan Spencer on December 17, 2011. Cadets attending the wedding were: Cameron Brammer '06 (best man), Casey O'Grady '02, Patrick Gill '02 and Jayson Hanky '02.
William Vinson ’11 has earned the title of United States Marine.
Do you have news you would like to share with the Benedictine community? If so, please send your class notes toJaime Harmeyer. Want to know more about current events taking place at Benedictine? If so, like us onfacebook.