- What is the average class size?
- What classes make up the core curriculum?
- What elective courses are offered?
- How many AP Courses are offered at Benedictine?
- How many honors courses are offered at Benedictine?
- What colleges do Benedictine graduates attend?
- How many scholarships do your graduates typically get toward college tuition?
- How many varsity sports are offered?
- Are there tryouts and 'cuts' for the sports teams?
- Can you participate in multiple sports and still be involved in the Cadet Corp?
- How many clubs do you have at Benedictine?
- Is there a community service program or requirement at Benedictine High School
- Do you offer financial aid?
- Do you offer scholarships?
- What percentage of your school are minorities?
- Do I have to be Catholic to attend?
- Will I wind up in the military?
- Do I have to wear a uniform?
- Can I meet girls?
- Will I be taught by priests and soldiers?
- Isn't Benedictine a jock school?
Every graduate for the past 3 years that has applied for college has been accepted to a college. Cadets are attending the Cornell University, University of Notre Dame, Duke University, Cal Berkeley, Davidson College, University of Virginia, Wake Forest University, University of North Carolina, U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Military Academy, Virginia Military Institute, The Citadel, James Madison University, Virginia Tech, University of Alabama, University of South Carolina, University of Georgia, University of Richmond, Hampden-Sydney College, Randolph Macon College, Penn St. University, College of William and Mary, Catholic University of America and Washington and Lee.
Three Cadets were accepted to Ivy League schools last year, five Cadets were accepted “early decision” at UVA.
Our Class of ’09 received over $3.8 million in scholarships, our Class of ’10 received over $2.8 million in scholarships, our Class of ’11 received over $2.7 million in scholarships, our Class of ’12 received over $3.9 million in scholarships, Class of ’13 received over $4 million in scholarships, our Class of ’14 received over $3 million in scholarships, and our Class of ’15 received over $3.5 Million in scholarships.
Yes, in fact we encourage participation in multiple sports! The Military program and the Athletic program are much more than “standing in formation” or "just playing football, baseball, basketball ..." Athletic and Military participation are key components to building the core values we espouse here at Benedictine College Prep.
The Cadet learns personal responsibility, respect for self, peers, and opponents; working for the greater good and developing as a leader within that process.
We have over a dozen clubs including Emmaus Club, Raider Club, Key Club, World Affairs Club, Latin Club, and Spanish Club.
We also have the National Honor Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Rifle Marksmanship Team, Model Judiciary, Battle of the Brains, a Pipe and Drum Band, Drill Team and Honor Guard, and the Robotics Club.