Corps of Cadets
Mandatory Core Events - ALL CADETS are required to attend; any exception must be arranged with, and are at the discretion of, the Commandant, Brooks York
- Commissioning Exercise, September, Sheppard Street Gymnasium
- Senior Officers (Lieutenants and above) are commissioned and receive their sabers
- Sponsors' Day Review, September, parade deck
- Each senior Sponsoring Officer (Captains and above) from Benedictine’s Corps of Cadets chooses one Saint Gertrude student from the senior or junior class to be his sponsor at special corps events such as Sponsors Day, Sponsors Ball, and several drill competitions in which the young men compete.
- Sponsors' Presentation and Ball, Saturday, in December, Sheppard Street Gymnasium
- Sponsors are presented to the community (similar to a Debutante Presentation), prior to the Ball; a Sponsoring Officer's "Little Brother" is asked to deliver a bouquet of roses to the Sponsor, for which he receives a kiss on the cheek
- Cadets are strongly encouraged to ask a date to the Ball (for this event, a Cadet's date does not need to attend Saint Gertrude);
- Homecoming Football Game, Fall
- A formal parade of Cadets occurs prior to the start of the game
- Veterans' Day Review, November 11
- Orientation Finale, Mid-November
- All Freshman/New Students complete their orientation period with a 2-night stay at Camp Brady Saunders, Goochland
- Individual Drill, Late-November
- Dominion Christmas Parade, December
- Squad Drill, Mid-March
- Platoon Drill, Mid-April
- Speech Festival, Late April
- Military Awards Day, Mid-May
- Memorial Day & Change of Command Ceremony, Late May
Leadership positions for 2018-19
|Battalion Commander||Ryan Tremain|
|Battalion Executive Officer||Miles Moten|
|Operations Officer (S3)||Eric Berger|
|Assistant Operations Officer||Josh Shaw|
|Adjutant (S1)||Adam Toler|
|Security Assistant||Azaan Johnson|
|Security (S2)||Daniel Mouser|
|Supply (S4)||Joseph Clark|
|Assistant Supply||Nervy Garcia|
|Public Affairs||Art Neal|
|Assistant Public Affairs||Andrew Hudgins|
|Provost Marshall||Charlie Williamson|
|Assistant Provost||Evan Kerzanet|
|Athletics Officer||Riley Highfill|
|Assistant Athletics||Cody Herman|
|NHS Officer||Windsor Antal|
|Assistant NHS||Max Forbes|
|Assistant Chaplain||Omar Aboulhosen|
|Colors Officer||Ayden Gore|
|Assistant Colors Officer||Kyle Joyce|
|Headquarters Commander||Brendan Wright|
|Headquarters Executive Officer||Matdock Wigg|
|A Company Commander||Nick Neighbors|
|A Company Executive Officer||Jay Woolfolk|
|B Company Commander||Connor Handy|
|B Company Executive Officer||Ben Toland|
|C Company Commander||Henry Dolan|
|C Company Executive Officer||Ethan Fox|
|Pipe and Drum Commander||Will Kennon|
|Pipe and Drum Executive Officer||Spencer Baird|
|Honor Platoon Commander||Christopher Lee|
|Honor Platoon Executive Officer||Brenden Barnes|
|Command Sergeant Major||Logan Cohn|
2020-21 Battalion Commander
1. What are your main objectives as you take the reins?
I'd like to make sure that the Corps of Cadets is united in its goals and its direction. I'd like us to preserve our traditions while adapting to changing circumstances.
2. How did you get to us?
I went to Goochland Middle School, but I learned about BCP through the Middies wrestling program.
3. In what activities are you involved?
I'm involved with wrestling (defending state champ), Key Club, Honor Court, Student Government, Model General Assembly and Interact.
4. Who or what most inspired you, from a leadership perspective?
5. How are your grades?
Good. My current GPA is 4.56
6. Favorite song?
"Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
7. Favorite candy bar?
Milky Way Bar
8. Favorite thing at the school dining facility?
General Tso's Chicken.
9. Would you tell some little-known facts about yourself?
I dislike coffee.
10. Given that, what's your favorite book?
My favorite book is "To Kill a Mockingbird."