Corps of Cadets
Mandatory Core Events - ALL CADETS are required to attend; any exception must be arranged with, and are at the discretion of, the Commandant, Brooks York
- Commissioning Exercise, September, Sheppard Street Gymnasium
- Senior Officers (Lieutenants and above) are commissioned and receive their sabers
- Sponsors' Day Review, September, parade deck
- Each senior Sponsoring Officer (Captains and above) from Benedictine’s Corps of Cadets chooses one Saint Gertrude student from the senior or junior class to be his sponsor at special corps events such as Sponsors Day, Sponsors Ball, and several drill competitions in which the young men compete.
- Sponsors' Presentation and Ball, Saturday, in December, Sheppard Street Gymnasium
- Sponsors are presented to the community (similar to a Debutante Presentation), prior to the Ball; a Sponsoring Officer's "Little Brother" is asked to deliver a bouquet of roses to the Sponsor, for which he receives a kiss on the cheek
- Cadets are strongly encouraged to ask a date to the Ball (for this event, a Cadet's date does not need to attend Saint Gertrude);
- Homecoming Football Game, Fall
- A formal parade of Cadets occurs prior to the start of the game
- Veterans' Day Review, November 11
- Orientation Finale, Mid-November
- All Freshman/New Students complete their orientation period with a 2-night stay at Camp Brady Saunders, Goochland
- Individual Drill, Late-November
- Dominion Christmas Parade, December
- Squad Drill, Mid-March
- Platoon Drill, Mid-April
- Speech Festival, Late April
- Military Awards Day, Mid-May
- Memorial Day & Change of Command Ceremony, Late May
Leadership positions for 2018-19
|Battalion Commander||Bradford Dudley|
|Battalion Executive Officer||Blake Smith|
|Operations Officer (S3)||Peter McNamara|
|Assistant Operations Officer||Mitchell Hoag|
|Inspector General||Josh Yost|
|Assistant IG||Dominic Pastore|
|Security (S2)||Phillip Carreras|
|Assistant S2||Andrew Puccinelli|
|Supply (S4)||Alex Donnini|
|Assistant S4||Keon Coley|
|Provost Marshall||Alex Markus|
|Assistant Provost||Hunter Buchbinder|
|Assistant Provost||Wyatt Deloria|
|Assistant Provost||John Horton|
|Adjutant (S1)||Gabriel Bowman|
|Assistant Chaplain||Samuel Bentley|
|Public Affairs||Jack Carpin|
|Assistant Public Affairs Officer||Cole Simon|
|Colors Officer||Ben Walls|
|Assistant Communications Officer||J.D. Kuchta|
|Headquarters Commander||Casey Green|
|Headquarters Executive Officer||Kyle Hendricks|
|A Company Commander||D'Andre Tobias|
|A Company Executive Officer||Matthew Brooks|
|B Company Commander||Benjamin Amonette|
|B Company Executive Officer||Austin Tootle|
|C Company Commander||Savion Washington|
|C Company Executive Officer||Jakob Honsharuk|
|Pipe and Drum Commander||Axel Espina|
|Pipe and Drum Executive Officer||Gregory Korb|
|Honor Platoon Commander||Oliver Sibal|
|Honor Platoon Executive Officer||Noah Madel|
|Command Sergeant Major||Charlie Garbett|
2018-19 Battalion Commander
1. What are your main objectives as you take the reins?
I'd like to make sure that freshmen are incorporated into all aspects of the Corps. I also want the Benedictine Corps of Cadets to look amazing--to be the best corps in all of Virginia and for all Cadets to take pride in it.
2. How did you get to us?
I came to Benedictine as a freshman from Saint Benedict's Catholic School.
3. In what activities are you involved?
I put my studies first, so being in the National Honor Society, Model General Assembly and Model Judiciary are high on the list. I'm in our Emmaus group and play baseball (catcher), to name a few others.
4. Who or what most inspired you, from a leadership perspective?
The senior officers during my freshman year. I wanted to be just like them.
5. How are your grades?
I currently carry a 4.5 GPA.
6. Favorite song?
"Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
7. Favorite candy bar?
8. Favorite thing at the school dining facility?
Chicken Nugget Day. There's just something about them.
9. Would you tell some little-known facts about yourself?
I read a ton. It's one of my favorite things to do.
10. Given that, what's your favorite book?
The "Dark Tower" series by Stephen King.